What is considered lightly active

Options
I just turned 18 and im around 5’10 215, i want to know whats considered light active or can someone give me an estimate on what my activity level would be.

When i wake up i walk to the gym (its like 0.9mile), i just started but i workout for about 1hour then i walk back home. I usually don’t do anything unless i have to go to work, i’m a stocker so i move around somewhat but i usually only work 2 days a week, but i go the gym 5days a week.

So, i’d like to know what’s my activity level so i can get an accurate amount of calories im supposed to eat , when i set it to lightly active it boosted from 1700 to 2000.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,223 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    We define our levels as follows:

Sedentary/Not Very Active: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. desk job)
    Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesperson)
    Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. server, postal worker, nurse)
    Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

Your choice of activity level should include the average calories you would burn for normal daily activities, such as standing, breathing, sleeping, eating, etc. along with calories you would burn for your normal daily routines, such as general housework and your typical work routine.

Please note that your choice should not factor in the activity of exercises/workouts you perform since those will be logged separately (manually or by linked a partner app/fitness tracker) as you complete them. The above choices are based on how your average day looks outside of the workouts you complete.

If you do any non-workout activities outside of your normal daily routine, such as mow the lawn, this should not be considered as part of your activity level, but should then be recorded separately. Example: If you don't mow the lawn every day or do extensive housework, like deep cleaning, when you do perform those activities, you can also record those in your diary under the cardiovascular section for additional calories.