What are some Mini-Goal Rewards, non-food?

Options
Now that I've been doing MFP for about 45 days, I'm starting to think about the future when I reach my mini goals. I've already got them in mind, roughly every 25 pounds or so, for a total of 5 + hitting my goal weight (6).

I was just wondering what other people did or plan to do for their mini-goals? I'm looking for ideas that don't include food as I'm trying to move away from food as a reward. I've already got a couple ideas, such as a shopping spree (for when I hit 250, about my halfway goal), and a hotel/spa-day for when I hit my goal weight. What are some others?

Replies

• SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Books! The answer is always books!!!

...at least for me. But then again, I'm not allowed in a bookstore unsupervised.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    a trip
    new clothes
    new workout shoes
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ive been buying a lipstick for every pound ive lost since losing 5.
    Have 1 on the way!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I buy a dress every 10 pounds. I just put in the order for my next one.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of having food as a reward, that was so stupid (strictly for me, no judgment) in hindsight.

Wardrobe
    Workout gear
    Something you've been saving for
    Haircut/color
    Girls day (if you're into that)

I need to go back to the drawing board too.. I set a lot of tiny goals because I need recognition from myself in order to succeed.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Feed your passion.
    I've treated myself to a pen tablet, for playing around with digital art.
    I also registered for a fitness event (coming up in six days!) for the first time in over a decade.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to new art supplies
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Haircut/style
    Spa/salon/massage
    Manicure/pedicure
    Piercing
    Tattoo
    Shoes/clothes
    Cell phone/electronics
    Concert tickets
    Teeth whitening
    Makeup/perfume
    New music/movies
    Buy yourself flowers
    Jewelry
    Professional photos
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I recently enjoyed a facial and microdermabrasion....it was amazing! I also bought new clothes that I look and feel good in.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever books I want now and refuse to call them a reward - they are more like a requirement for survival! I'd have to say weekend adventures or a splurge on expensive fragrance...want to make sure I smell wonderful while I'm white water rafting some weekend! :laugh:

My SECRET fantasy (don't tell anyone) is to backpack with my two dogs and just start walking for a couple of months...see how far I can make it.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the ideas everyone! I love the book ideas. Especially since two of my favorite authors are coming out with books in October, which is around when I'll be hitting my next mini goal if everything goes well. I was an English major, so books are almost always the answer.

I'm also really liking the professional photos. The last time I had professional photos was when I graduated high school, so that would be a blast! Some of the haircut/make up/clothes ideas would be good too.

Also, slim4health56, that is an awesome secret fantasy. I'm still working on a fitness one for me. Right now my biggest "hurrah" moment will probably be when I can comfortably fit in an airplane seat, which has always been a personal bit of shame.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

Also, slim4health56, that is an awesome secret fantasy. I'm still working on a fitness one for me. Right now my biggest "hurrah" moment will probably be when I can comfortably fit in an airplane seat, which has always been a personal bit of shame.

Well, then, start looking at travel brochures and make sure you book a flight to somewhere FANTASTIC when you hit a major milestone...! To our adventures!