Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Adjustment to Completing Diary

Options
I'd really like to be able to complete my diary but it keeps giving me the warning about low caloric intake. I mainly measure calories by the week to allow myself to have larger snacks on a few days rather than small ones everyday.

Wish it would let you complete your diary regardless of intake recorded!
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Closing your diary doesn't do anything except post a message to your timeline, and give you the "in 5 weeks" projection.

If you don't close your diary, everything else will work fine.

If you eat as unevenly as you seem to be saying, the "in 5 weeks" projection will be wrong for you anyway.

If you want a message on your timeline about how you did with your calorie goal that day, you can post one by typing it in.

I'm not an MFP representative, but I think the point of this function is to discourage people from under-eating, which creates health risks for people. It seems like MFP wants people to follow healthy weight loss practices, and undereating is not a healthy practice. You may be an exception, and be eating enough calories on average even if not every day, I don't know.