Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Quick access to adding food to diary

Options
I'd like to see either a quick link on the dashboard to add food, or the ability to change the default screen when opening to the diary, rather than the dashboard.

the vast majority of times I open the app, I am doing so to log some food that I have consumed, rather than just generally checking my overall progress. If I have been active on my phone the app will be closed in the background, and upon reopening it will go to the dashboard first. Currently I have to wait for the app to load, then wait a moment as it switches back from the diary to the dash page, and then hit the diary button before I can add food.

If there was a setting to change the default page to the diary, or alternatively a 'quick add' button on the dashboard page to jump straight into the 'add food' dialog, it would save me some time and a little frustration every time I open your fine app
2 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Replies

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,183 MFP Staff
    Options
    Are you on the most current version of the app? The bottom of the dashboard should have a (static) search bar by which you should be able to search for or scan food items without needing to go to the diary.