TIP of the Day

Options
2»

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Eat a live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day :laugh: Kidding of course :happy:

Great post :) Hmm tips, tips... I would say my best weight loss tip would be to start today and if you fall, get back on that figurative horse and continue TODAY. Stop thinking there is a tomorrow where you will fix these things :)

Hilarious....you know frog legs are a delicacy in some areas...I wonder if frog legs is in the food database...hahaha

Great tip about thinking you will fix it tomorrow.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Totally sitting up straight now!!! And I LOVE the sweat quote...definitely a good one!!!

I read this in a book once (Dorm Room Diet - Daphne Oz)...if you are getting a craving and you're really not hungry at all you should count up to your age slowly - by the time you reach your age...really ask yourself if you still want whatever it is you're craving!

At my age you'll be ready for the energy of a full meal.:laugh:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Actually, frog legs are in the data base three times and BTW they are yummy.

It's kinda disconcerting when you cook them, fresh ones anyway, they jump while being cooked! The tendon in the leg contracts and you have a pan full of jumping frog legs. No kidding.

The best tip I can come up with is to limit simple white flour, sugar. After a couple days without those two, I don't crave them anymore. As soon as I start back in with a bite here and there the carb monster comes back. So, I'm pretty much off white flour and sugar for good with an occasional exception. I don't consider it a hardship. It's getting a monkey off my back. Who needs a constant raving craving?
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Actually, frog legs are in the data base three times and BTW they are yummy.

It's kinda disconcerting when you cook them, fresh ones anyway, they jump while being cooked! The tendon in the leg contracts and you have a pan full of jumping frog legs. No kidding.

Seriously? I bet it is disconcerting...weirds me out a little to think about it. I was sure someone would say "they taste like chicken" hahaha!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    i think we should keep this thread going everyday!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    fill up a big pitcher with ice & water and have it next to u. i ended up drinking 2 liters in one sitting the other day!
    [disclaimer: plz make sure a restroom is near by] lol :drinker:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Here's another from Chalene Johnson....

"Open bag = Saddle Bags."

When purchasing bulk types of snack items (i.e. pretzels), go ahead and measure them out and put them in the small snack sized resealable backs. An open bag just asks you go keep shoving your hand in one more time, and next thing you know, you've eaten, 2 or 3 or 4 servings.