finding the food I eat

Options
jtpinter10
jtpinter10 Posts: 5 Member
Many times I enter the food I have eaten or the name of the recipe and nothing close to it comes up. How can I add what I ate when this happens. New here
Jon
Tagged:

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You need to put in the individual ingredients, not the name of the recipe. What are you trying to enter that you're not finding?
  • jtpinter10
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I made a tuna in olive oil, with yellow peppers and a jalopeno, celery, and sherry vinegar salad over spring mix lettuce. So put in individual ingredients, that will make a long list to go thru if I repeat the food. I can handle that. thanks
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    jtpinter10 wrote: »
    I made a tuna in olive oil, with yellow peppers and a jalopeno, celery, and sherry vinegar salad over spring mix lettuce. So put in individual ingredients, that will make a long list to go thru if I repeat the food. I can handle that. thanks

Exactly. You're going to add each of those components. It gets easier as you go along.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,341 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    jtpinter10 wrote: »

You can save meals (three dots at the bottom of each meal in the diary, at least in the android app), you can then use them again later on.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options
    Also, if you use an ingredient more often it shows up in the search results first
  • jtpinter10
    Options
    Thanks to all who responded, your answers were very Helpful.
    Jon
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I make a huge salad on a regular basis. So the first time I made it I created a "recipe" for it. So as long as I make it the same way every time, I can just add it as one thing. Then I just have to add whatever protein I put in, as well as any dressings. I do the same when i make soups etc. It makes it easier. At first it's time consuming, but it really does get easier.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    You can go into recipe, food and add a recipe that you use regularly then it saves it for you so you can just click on my recipe next time you have it.