Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Manually add daily steps

Options
Hi, I'm new to MFP and I would like to have the ability to manually add my daily steps since my fitness tracker (iTouch) is not supported with this app.
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! Currently, there is not a way to convert your step count into calories burned, unless you have integrated your MyFitnessPal account with one of our integration partners. Many of these partners can automatically log your burned calories based on your amount of walking or other exercise.

We account for some amount of walking based on the "activity" level in your profile. If you take an additional walk for exercise and would like to get credit for the additional calories, we recommend logging this as "walking" in your Exercise diary, and recording the number of minutes walked.

Or if your pedometer reports the calories burned, you can add a custom exercise to your database and call it "pedometer."

If you would like to chart your steps walked on a daily basis, you can add steps as a measurement to track in your account.