Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 231

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    @refactored You mentioned how you cannot go any lower on calories. Could your calories be too low? Have you played with your macro distribution? I have done low carb, high fat at times to knock down cravings. I have heard, but not tried, that certain nutritional supplements counteract cravings. Lastly, your mentioned cookies (that would be rough for me too). Have you tried "portioning" them into bags so there is a pre-determined quantity that is more evident? Have no idea if any of that will help. Just ideas.

@justanotherjen13 I want you to give yourself lots of credit for the work you are doing. #1 shoveling rocks is hard work #2 remember that you have some extra weight, so that alone has you working harder than someone else doing the same activity but weighs less. Bravo for all that you are doing!! (not sure I could shovel rocks!!)

@miscanon3617 sorry to heard of your stress. I hope that all is ok!

@lisapower123 You'll be able to tell from this comment and one to refactored that I am spending too much time in the reddit "supplement" subgroup. Might there be some nutritional supplement that could help with the hair loss? I am thinking I should look into that topic just for thinning hair due to aging. Sorry this is another trouble your are having. Hopefully that will turn around soon.

@cchassee When you use your apple watch, are you setting it to "tennis"? I am pretty sure hubby and I used "pickle ball" setting when we attempted that a couple of times. That will at least give you workout credit, though if you are counting steps, I have no idea. I don't monitor that. Yes, I did retail therapy yesterday and I bough BRAS that fit. With my yoyoing weight, my bras have not fit right for a long time. Lastly, I too love food. I am not keto, though I have done it. When I do well while calories restricted, it is because I make sure I love whatever it is that I eat.

@SheilaBoneham My start weights for reference my recent two MFP rounds were 153 in 2020, and about 147 this year. I used 1430 as my calories, though I did not typically eat back exercise. (I just peaked at Feb and I mostly ate below 1500 but exercised every day.) Your start weight is a little higher so you could be ok with a little more, then adjust your target calories lower when you stop losing weight. I think there is a fine line that leads to sustainable habits for losing weight.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Previous Rounds
    218 SW 232.4 EW 231lbs (-1.4)
    Round 219 EW 229lbs (-2)

Round 220 220.2lbs (-8.8) (Extended fast)
    Round 221 220.6 (+0.6) (normal after an extended fast)
    Round 222 216.3 (-4.3)
    Round 223 215.4 (-0.9)

Round 224 218.4 (+3) (very busy at work)
    Round 225 217.6 (-0.8)
    Round 226 217 (-0.6)

Round 227 217.6 (+0.6)

7/31 219 Well, I missed a whole month! My intentions were good on the 1st but I guess I needed to focus on the new bio dad & sibling situation. Even with a trip to meet them all I had no significant weight gain so that is a good thing. I am only up today because I ate cookies yesterday. August WILL BE my month to get back on track.
    8/1 218.6. Still more cookies yesterday but today is already a better day!
    8/2 218.6
    8/3 218.6 hmmm. Not the big comeback that I had planned. I am almost back to normal mentally so I don’t have any excuses. I did some snacking yesterday & I know I ate when I was not hungry. I think I need to do an extended fast to reset. Yoga this morning & then I will catch up on paperwork. I had my staff do all of the filing for the past 2 months yesterday which will help a lot.
    8/4 218.4
    8/5 217.9
    8/6 217.7 still not 100% focused. Every day gets a little better & I feel more on track. Tonight we are going to the Olive Garden & Top Golf as a family. We don’t do many family things anymore so this is a good thing. I will google low carb stuff so that I can stay somewhat on track. I know I can undue this whole week of progress in one meal. My hair is falling out right now. Not sure if it is from my extended fast in April or because of the stress in June. I have not last hair after an extended fast before so I have to assume that it’s the shock & stress. Hopefully that stops.

8/7 219 we had a great time last night & of course my weight is up. No big deal.

8/8
    8/9

@SModa61 I am pretty deep in supplements too. I have researched hair loss before because my mom has alopecia so I used to look for things that might help her. From what I have read protein is the most important, I am doing red light therapy on my head & I take a bunch of other stuff. I belong to a group called optimal ketogenic living on Facebook & loosely follow their recommendations for everything. I am just amazed at the damage that stress & shock can do, looking back at it now. I don’t know how people who are chronically stressed manage. I consider myself so lucky that I have had the luxury to take the time to take care of me & almost nothing else.

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    @lisapower123 Sounds like you are ahead of me! <3 I'll be curious what you think of the red light therapy. Do you find there is a benefit?
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,333 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @quiltingjaine !
    73 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 148.0
    UGW: 140.0
    07/29 - 150.9 at 7:00 a.m. ...6.65 miles in 133 mins
    07/30 - 151.5 at 7:00 a.m. ...5.15 miles in 94 mins
    Day/Weight/Comment
    07/31 - 152.4 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then my trainer for 60 mins
    08/01 - 151.1 at 6:00 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then nothing!!!
    08/02 - 152.3 at 6:00 a.m. ...workout w/my trainer for 60 mins
    08/03 - 152.2 at 6:00 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then nothing!!!
    08/04 - 153.3 at 6:30 a.m. ...workout w/my trainer for 60 mins
    08/05 - 152.4 at 7:00 a.m. ...6.47 miles in 121 mins
    08/06 - 153.5 at 7:00 a.m. ...nothing!! Too hot here in northern California!!
    08/07 -
    08/08 -
    08/09 -
    Good luck everyone!
    Chris