I know this may sound silly but......

Options
Hey guys,
Just been reading about intermittent fasting and realised.....I have no idea what it is. Please could someone help out with this. Thanks H x

Replies

• stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It is basically what it sounds like. Eat normally for 5 days, fast for 2. There are several groups on here if you want to know all the ins and outs but that is the basics.
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not sustainable for me. Tried it and I just felt hungry for the 2 days.

People have had results on it, and that's great. It does require a lot of will power though.

What is wrong with good old fashioned diet and exercise ;)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Check out leangains.com. Basically it's just restricting your eating window.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That is 1 way to IF (what ^ said). Another way to IF is with a split: Let's say you split a day into 18hrs and 6 hrs...well your 6 hrs would be your eating window and your 18 hrs would be your IF window. Your eating window could be from 12 noon to 6 pm.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few different Intermittent Fasting regimes - some are low or no calories days, some are fasting for parts of a day every day (i.e. eat in a short time window only).

Have a google of the following:

5:2 The Fast Diet
    Leangains
    Eat-Stop-Eat
    JUDDD
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Eat normally for 5 days, fast for 2.

Just thought I'd highlight this as some people go degen in either direction on their non-fast days. ;)
  • Mayada32
    Mayada32 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone , regarding fasting , may I share my own experience which is based on religious beliefs .. We have this fasting holy month , Ramadhan when we fast from dawn to dusk , that is no food , no water , no intimacy till sunset .. after it is time to break fast which is after sunset , we have a meal called Iftar , we eat 2 dates (Palm tree fruit ) , a couple of glasses of water , a small serving of soup and then we leave the table for prayer , which of course can't be done with a full stomach .. after 2 hours we have dinner which mainly is sandwiches , pasta , stews with rice on side on .. and we save some space for fruits and desserts .. we have a very early breakfast before the daylight comes and there begins another day .. we keep it on for 30 days .. last Ramadhan I lost 6 kilos by keeping my food choices healthy , drinking a lot of water after break fast and walking for 45 minutes daily.. thank you