Drinking Hot water VS Cold Water for Weight loss and overall health!

I have been in confusion over which one is better? I know some say water in any temperature is good but just wants to see other points of view on it

What would you recommend for weight loss and overall health?

HOT Water

or

COLD water

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,733 Member
    Whichever you prefer. I like cold water just because I find it more refreshing. But if it's cold out I might have tea instead.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Not being hydrated can cause some people to think they are hungry when they are actually thirsty, so in this regard staying hydrated can help maintain a calorie deficit. Temperature is irrelevant.

Drinking cold water is Myth # 6 for https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-increase-metabolism/

This article is about increasing metabolism rather than weight loss, but it's good to read to help with thinking critically about what we see regarding weight loss in the media.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,105 Member
    It doesn’t matter. Drink it how you like it or maybe drink it warm so you don’t have to worry about it 😎
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    The cold water thing is a myth. While it does take a little extra energy to absorb the cold, you'd have to be drinking cold water long enough to cause the body to shiver to increase "fat burning" to any significance. Lol, that'd be like drinking cold water for 20 minutes non stop. You'd die from hypontrenemia (unless it was like sodium in the water).
    Same myth with taking cold showers to increase fat burning.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,839 Member
    Overall cold water, unless it includes tea. Or just hot water that I drink but forgot to add a teabag. But when I'm out hiking in 40C then cold water is the surest way to get an upset stomach and to leave brown liquid-y marks along the trail. So basically... it depends. :D Whatever rocks your boat I guess.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,067 Member
    i drink hot water when it's cold, cold water when it's hot. it doesn't make any difference to weight loss, so i try and drink what contributes to my comfort.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,733 Member
    I drink a lot of water at room temperature, but some warmed (the water first thing in the AM to take my thyroid meds, because I just can't face cold water that early), and some iced (restaurants, mostly).

Do whatever you prefer. Preference matters more than any theoretical aspect.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    I mostly drink cold but not iced water or even almost room temp water. (ie out the fridge for a while but not too warm)

I don't drink plain hot water but I know some people who do

weight loss and health point of view - makes no difference.

Purely personal preference
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Water luckily has no calories in it. Your good either hot or cold! 🥳