Intermittent Fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• 8syr4pfpcx
    8syr4pfpcx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Female here and I intermittent fast every day and have done so for the last couple of years. I think finding the correct eating window for your routine is important. I previously fasted for 18 hrs and 16hrs and it wasn’t working for me at all. I just binged when my eating window came around.
    I now do IF for 14:10 and this is what has worked best for me. I get to enjoy breakfast again which I really missed 😊 I haven’t noticed any weight loss with IF but have noticed that I have increased energy in the mornings before I eat. And it cuts out any temptation to have night time snacks.
  • Azzie521
    Azzie521 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do IF. I will sometimes consume under 50 calories while fasting and it never seems to break my fast. Just a little milk in my coffee or tea. When in my eating window I try to eat healthy and not junk food
  • Bondie7
    Bondie7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have fasted every day since Nov/Dec 2022, starting at 16 hours a day. I have fasted up to almost 64 hours in preparation for a colonoscopy. I routinely fast about 18-19 hours each day, with a goal of 16 hours. I try to eat only when I am hungry. I began fasting to help with my late night eating, the time that I most like to eat (and it has helped a lot). Other than a frozen fruit pop, I don't eat anything after 7 pm and usually begin eating food after noon or one o'clock the next day. I am concentrating on eating more wholesome foods during my eating window. When I do this, I feel so much better than when I eat the fast/junk food. Fasting is what started the scale to move for me.
  • sarahanya
    sarahanya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8. No big special diet, just macro balance. I love it. I have a tendency to overeat in the evening, so I set my my window to stop around 5-6pm and it has really helped.
  • jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The 16:8 is awesome. Fridays I do a 24 hour fast, I find that it Jumpstarts my weekend. I've lost 20 pounds in the last 80 days and my BF% has dropped almost 5%. So, I'm definitely loving it.