Garmin, what did you smoke?!?

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
My physio gave me some rather strenuous exercises for shoulder and upper back today next to some slow lat pulldowns and rows. The most difficult for me were mountain climbers. Yeah, I am deconditioned after 8 months of doing very little. Garmin counted the whole workout as anaerobic capacity (I guess the interval nature of this) and gave me a load of 99. I've never gotten a load of 99 doing any strength training or running. I think my Garmin is drunk (or the last firmware update has a problem).

Have you seen some funny Garmin (or other tracker) exercise results lately?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed anything strange. But my watch doesn't show training load, so my experience perhaps isn't relevant...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    I don't have training load either, but my Garmin has all kinds of funny ideas, so it wouldn't surprise me to see something like that be weird.

Don't you have atypical HR response, @yirara? It seems like the Garmin complex derived stats are more likely to be inaccurate than the simple ones, and that a simple one being statistically unusual makes the complex ones (that use those in the algorithm) more likely to be kind of crazy.

By "complex derived stats", I mean things like body battery, VO2max, stress, etc. By "simple", I mean things like time, distance, heart rate.

Heck, the silly thing thinks my average all day calorie burn over the past year has been 1702 calories. I've been eating 1850 + exercise the whole time, so 2100-2200 and more gross intake, with some extra food indulgences on top of that. At the start date of that time period, I weighed 130 pounds (in the usual context of daily ups and downs, of course). Today I weighed 131.4 pounds (ditto). I think Garmin has a screw loose about all-day calorie needs, too, in my case.