Comfortable Login just possible with Facebook

Options
To be honest, I hate it, that it's just possible to login with Facebook and no other account (e.g. Google). I don't want to use Facebook and never will.
Tagged:

Replies

• pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. I can log in on my laptop or my phone and I have never belonged to facebook. And I'm very very old and non-tech savvy.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I think OP means that they’re disturbed it’s possible to login via Facebook, which will then harvest all your info.

A lot of websites do the Facebook/Google “convenience” login.

It irritates me, too. They’re already listening to us. Husband and I have started having loud random conversations to see what of it will show up in our internet searches and have already had some show up.

Twenty years ago, I had a lighthearted competition with an American friend who lived in Berlin, to see who could get the funniest ad on Facebook. We were tired of the ads for wrinkles and creams and other stuff targeted to those of us in the process of middle aging. I went in and populated my “interests” with the naughtiest things I could think of.

After a month she sent me a sobering email. “I win. I got an invitation to join the Nazi party.” We both immediately closed our FB accounts and started new ones under fake names. I haven’t used FB in years, since quitting the HOA board. Good riddance.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Aisymnetes wrote: »
    To be honest, I hate it, that it's just possible to login with Facebook and no other account (e.g. Google). I don't want to use Facebook and never will.

I've had the same experience. MFP will literally only let me log in using Facebook. I think it may be that I originally started up the account using Facebook as the login option.