I have to share this...

Options
mandikaye
mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
This probably isn't the right forum for this one, but it's about coke so I'm sticking it in here.

I've always been one who says "Coke is my crack." Totally 100% addicted to it. I used to drink 3-4 PER DAY. I've cut way back, and recently decided that I can handle Coke Zero (but never Diet Coke) when I can't control the craving.

This morning, however, I got a fountain coke from Burger King...and I didn't even drink HALF of it. This is huge! I simply didn't want anymore.

*does my happy dance*

Replies

• bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Good for you! I love pop. diet coke.. mmmmmmmm. I havent had it since may and can no longer even have it and I miss it so much. Its so hard not to drink it, i really want like a gallon of it!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I've been right there with you! Good job getting away from the crack!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    WOOT, WOOT!!!!
    When you stay away from a food addiction your taste buds change (get cleaned). When you go back to it (for a taste) it's an overkill on your sense of taste-ain't it grand?:bigsmile:
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Being a Coke Zero lover myself, that's definitely a huge accomplisment! Way to go!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't the right forum for this one, but it's about coke so I'm sticking it in here.

I've always been one who says "Coke is my crack." Totally 100% addicted to it. I used to drink 3-4 PER DAY. I've cut way back, and recently decided that I can handle Coke Zero (but never Diet Coke) when I can't control the craving.

This morning, however, I got a fountain coke from Burger King...and I didn't even drink HALF of it. This is huge! I simply didn't want anymore.

*does my happy dance*

You do know that Coke Zero is Diet Coke, just a little more caffeine?:tongue:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Great Job...that is a huge accomplishment. I am a huge Diet Coke person and I actually drank (don't want to admit this) almost 10 a day....uggg:sad: :sad: I have cut back to 1 or 2 cans a day now and put water as my main focus. :drinker: :drinker:
  • trice
    trice Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict too. My vice is Diet Dr. Pepper. I drink the stuff like water. Sometimes I mix it up with the cherry too. My office has it on tap. So I've got an enabler. LOL. I quit a few months ago to cut it all out and get over it. I've slowly fallen off the wagon. My hope is that I can pull the reigns in a bit and cut my consumption eventually but I love it too much now to think about that. he he
  • trice
    trice Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    DanOhh is right. The only difference between Zero and Diet Coke is the sweetener that Coke uses. It's the same they just 'created' their own sweetener so they wouldn't have to pay for Nutrisweet.
  • mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options

You do know that Coke Zero is Diet Coke, just a little more caffeine?:tongue:

They taste totally different though!
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is fab!!!

I used to drink a lot of diet coke, about 3-4 cans a day, plus tea and coffee. I would have a can of diet pop as my sweat fix, it would also help me feel full and therefore help me stick to a diet........ I had to have some heart scans as I have a heart murmer and I was told that the stimulants in my diet were causing me to have Ectopic Heartbeats. It basically made me feel like my heart was skipping a beat!!!! When ever it happened I would feel phyically sick.........So scary to think a drink can do that to you!!! I have massively cut back, very rarely drink it now and would go as far as saying I no longer like coke at all anymore!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LadyNay191
    LadyNay191 Posts: 38
    Options
    That's great!! My best friend and I used to drink Dr. Pepper like crazy but recently have only been drinking diet sodas or coke zero on occassion. This weekend, she and I decided to splurge and get real Dr. Pepper while we were out to eat and we both felt sick! It was so weird! I don't think we'll be drinking too much soda in the future!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Thats great ! I used to demolish 4l (about 135 Oz) of Diet Coke/Pepsi MAX a day without any effort. I know how hard this stuff is to kick

Well Done :happy:
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Cherry coke Zero is my weakness.. However I only drink like 1 a week, cuz I dont wanna get TOO addicted....