Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Water fasting

Hi! I’m 5ft and 160 lbs. I’ve been really wanting to go on a water fast to kickstart my weight loss. Any success stories?

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,169 Member
    edited August 2023
    There’s a difference between losing fat and simply dehydrating yourself, “losing” weight from food no longer in the digestive track, and putting yourself in a situation to lose muscle from severe under eating. How long are you wanting to “water fast?”
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,727 Member
    ashesxoxo wrote: »
    Hi! I’m 5ft and 160 lbs. I’ve been really wanting to go on a water fast to kickstart my weight loss. Any success stories?

Yeah. Water fasting won't "kickstart" your weight loss. You can try it, but just be aware it holds no benefits beyond making you miserable. And just like zebasschick said, you'll most likely gain it all back as soon as you start eating food. Plus some, because you're body will be so dying to eat something that you'll go into a binge.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,089 Member
    Water fasting serves no purpose. Fatloss is a product of a consistent weekly calorie deficit over time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Kickstart your weight loss by just reducing your calorie intake with FOOD.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png