lacking the motivation but going to try

Options
Had to doctor tell me today "if you dont take care of yourself, who will".

Blood pressure is high, cholesterol high, prediabetic.... up to my highest weight ever. I have gained all the weigh back i had lost years ago and now with this new office job (much lower mental stress) I have added another 30 pounds to my already big gains.

I lack motivation, hoping to find some friends in various stages to help me figure out why I eat like I do and lack the motivation to make the changes I know i really want to accomplish.

I am tired of being the fat woman everywhere, i am tired of being sore, i am tired of not having clothes that fit, I am tired of being tired....but how to I leap when I am not sure I can fly.

Please add me as a friend so I can actively use this app again and stream your motivation.

Replies

• cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Sometimes going to the doctor is a real wake-up call.

I've gained/lost weight several times and can never seem to be consistent enough to keep the weight off.

I'm starting my weight loss journey again now as well.

For me personally, I've found the best way to get started is to start small. Just start going for walks outside. Start with 15-20 minute walks, then move up to 30 minutes, then maybe up to 45-60 minutes depending on how you feel and how much time you have. Walking is about the easiest thing you can do and it definitely helps to shed fat/weight.

Tracking your calories on here is also a great way to ensure you stay on track. It's kind of a pain sometimes, but if you do it long enough, it becomes routine.

Another easy thing to do is simply swap out foods. If you get a burger, ask for no mayo and no cheese. Instead of fries at Wendy's, get a baked potato. Instead of salt, try some salt free alternatives to give your food more flavor. Switch from whole to skim milk. Cut back or eliminate alcohol. Just little changes like that add up over time and help.

Good luck!