Obese and now Type 2 Diabetic

Options
My first personal post, recently diagnosed with T2 Diabetes, well in May actually. Had been pre-diabetic for 4 years and didn't do anything. Am 55 and over 18 stone.

From 1 August am attending Gym Daily first thing (30 mins Strength training, 12 machines 3 sets of 10 reps then 15 mins cardio), 10 day streak so far, and am tracking calories and macros.

4.8lbs down, around a 100 to go.

Supplimenting with Creatine and Protein powder.

It's a long journey to go but by setting new daily habits, is getting easier.
Tagged:

Replies

• PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You got this! I was prediabetic last year, didn't do anything, and got my T2D diagnosis this March. MFP definitely helped a lot with tracking calories and carbs, especially in the beginning. I wish you the best!
  • cszulc
    cszulc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You got it. Three years ago I was diagnosed T2 with a 12.4% a1c. For the first two years I didn't take it very seriously and my meds were increased. 9 months ago I changed path, started focusing on my nutrition and fitness. Currently down 55 pounds and my a1c is 6.1% AND on less medication than when I was diagnosed. No longer "obese" by BMI metrics and feel a ton better...like a new man.

It takes time. One day at a time and celebrate your wins. Don't beat yourself up from mistakes but learn from them.

Try different classes if you have access. I never thought I'd be doing HIIT cycling or cardio kickboxing but they are now my favorite parts of my fitness routine. You never know what you'll like!!

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    It's a long journey to go but by setting new daily habits, is getting easier.
    It's a brilliant first post. Welcome. There are an infinite number of ways to get there. There are very helpful guidelines. I think you hit upon the most important "daily habits"

For instance, post here on MFP every day, without fail, for 100 straight days. Simple, free, a fantastic guideline, but in practice most won't do.

The "even more" most important daily habit, is to acknowledge setback gracefully, and narrow the time until you get back on your good daily habits, until that time lag is close to zero.

I hope to see you back tomorrow.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    Hope everything works out as planed, you have the power. :)