Plus-size (or formerly plus-size) ladies--how many pounds did you lose to go down a clothing size?

Options
Wondering what to expect, and can't recall what weights I wore which sizes... Thanks!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    About 15 kg (~30 lbs) for me.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lb since Jan and I think around 25-30 lb in I started being able to fit smaller sizes although the next smallest in my closet was 2 sizes down but could still wear the bigger stuff. The next 20-25 lb I went down a lot more noticably and finally had to purge things with no hope of fitting anymore. I've been watching macros this time and I cut out alcohol and processed foods for the most part and I've been shocked body composition wise as far as where I'm losing weight from. This time around vs the last time I was at this weight clothes look and fit totally differently.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Fewer lbs per size the lighter you get. Think of onions: one layer on the outside is a lot bigger than a layer further inside the onion 🙂
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 98 lb, 25 lb in the last year. Overall I've gone from pants with a 46-in waist to pants with a 36-in waist, and they're getting a bit loose.

The changing clothing size thing has not been linear at all. During some periods I lost fat everywhere but my waist, and at other times I only lost fat around my waist and nowhere else. And sometimes it was all over weight loss. Most recently, almost all my loss has been my upper chest and shoulder areas. Also I'm working out, so I'm adding muscle, although obviously that doesn't go around your waist.
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    @zebasschick So interesting! Thanks for the response!