My Competition Goal

Options
Hi folks :)

I turned 49 today and have always been a gym user / sporty but in the last few years I've had a goal in my head to compete in a bikini competition by the age of 50 (or during my 50th year).

Anyone got / had a similar story they can share for inspiration?

I'm female, 5ft 7" and weigh-in at 80kgs.

Need to get down in the 60kgs so will be starting to work towards that at beginning of September when I'm back from my summer break.

Many thanks...Mac :)

Replies

• pandoragreen21
    pandoragreen21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No input other than I’m also considering my first show (have a coach) and had set a goal for myself as well.

Stick to the plan that your coach has laid out (if you have one) and start posing sessions as soon as you can. How exciting for you!! Congrats on the goal and doing what it will take to get there!
  • tiarabaligad
    tiarabaligad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wait til you’re 50 and do the 50+ bikini division!!! Get a coach; you’ll honestly go through a lot. Physically & definitely mentally. You’ll learn more about your body along the way. Trust the process. People will get into your head because they see a different you, but remind yourself about your “Why?” Stay strong, stay focused, get a coach that experienced a few shows.
    Rooting for YOU!

I have my 1st competition 9/15. Currently 12 days out! When I made a commitment to compete, my starting weight was 157 lbs and I’m currently weighing at 126 lbs at 5’2”. I’m still in the cutting faze until weigh-ins. Coach suggested that I experience my 1st show and wait for feedback, then I’ll know what to expect on the next.

Wish you the BEST! Hope this was helpful
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I've trained (not coached) many a competitor and can tell you it gets pretty grueling the last 8 weeks. Be mentally prepared. Also be prepared AFTER the competition because many a competitor goes through the phase of not wanting to eat again because they don't want to bulk up. I've had to acquaintances that competed and went through eating disorders after.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wait til you’re 50 and do the 50+ bikini division!!! Get a coach; you’ll honestly go through a lot. Physically & definitely mentally. You’ll learn more about your body along the way. Trust the process. People will get into your head because they see a different you, but remind yourself about your “Why?” Stay strong, stay focused, get a coach that experienced a few shows.
    Rooting for YOU!

I have my 1st competition 9/15. Currently 12 days out! When I made a commitment to compete, my starting weight was 157 lbs and I’m currently weighing at 126 lbs at 5’2”. I’m still in the cutting faze until weigh-ins. Coach suggested that I experience my 1st show and wait for feedback, then I’ll know what to expect on the next.

Wish you the BEST! Hope this was helpful

Good luck for your competition today :smiley:
    Thanks for the post - very helpful :smile: