Penmanship

Options
kingsfan1982
kingsfan1982 Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2023 in Chit-Chat
Do you think penmanship helps with weight loss goals? I have horrible handwriting and finally started just writing in all capital letters and noticed a shift in my brain power and focus. It’s like I am a new person if that makes any sense. I’m more focused. Anyone else have anything similar happen along these lines?

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Interesting thought, but I don't think it's the penmanship, specifically.

Maybe more like, you didn't like something about yourself, you made a change, and you feel better with the result. Maybe it's a boost of self-confidence?
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I believe writing in cursive really does activate different and perhas previously dormant portions of the brain - just as does reading a book as opposed to watching media passively or listening to classical music instead of repetitive THUMP THUMP THUMP pop songs. Not sure how long the effect lasts, but might as well take advantage of it.
  • kingsfan1982
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Interesting thought, but I don't think it's the penmanship, specifically.

Maybe more like, you didn't like something about yourself, you made a change, and you feel better with the result. Maybe it's a boost of self-confidence?

100% agree. I didn’t like this about myself and now that I’ve finally corrected it, it’s like a new world to explore, to conquer. No longer am I held back because my handwriting is illegible and scattered. I can now take very detailed notes and can look back easily on them. I have a lot of notes i need to go through and organize for work. This will be a game changer for me for this process. It may also be what I needed to finally realize I am capable of one day going after my graduate degree. Anyways, appreciate the comment!
  • kingsfan1982
    edited August 2023
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    I believe writing in cursive really does activate different and perhas previously dormant portions of the brain - just as does reading a book as opposed to watching media passively or listening to classical music instead of repetitive THUMP THUMP THUMP pop songs. Not sure how long the effect lasts, but might as well take advantage of it.

I’m absolutely loving my new me in this regard and, yes, I’m most definitely taking advantage of this in my life. Time to get organized and ready for my the next chapter in life.