if i lose 2 pounds a week will i have lose skin

Options
its some ting in scared of thanks for help

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    No one can predict that but the alternative is to stay fat and have nice tight skin. You choose. It's not likely you can maintain a 2 lb/week weight loss for any extended period of time so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Losing while you're still young gives you a better chance of not having loose skin or at least not as much. As we age it becomes harder and harder for skin to firm back up so do it now and don't worry about the skin.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    At your age your skin will firm up much faster than at mine. You can easily hide loose skin with clothing, it's nearly impossible to hide extra fat if you have lots of it.
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much weight you are planing to lose. I'm down almost 100 and I'm starting to see loose skin but some of it is going away in other places as my weight lifting is building more muscles in the mean time...so basically it depends on how much weight you are losing, how old you are, if you are lifting and genetics...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    If you see loose skin as you are losing weight, keep losing. Eventually it will tighten up as the fat under skin diminishes.
  • logicalmaniac
    Options
    Before you worry about loose skin, get the fat off of your body. Most of the time it will shrink up, with time. Surgery may be the only alternative, IF you have lost a LOT of weight.

Before you think about getting surgery you need to determine if what you have is loose skin. A LOT of people will think they have loose skin, but in fact there is still fat under the skin. When that fat is gone, then the skin will adhere to the muscle better. Pinch the skin on the back of your hand and feel how thin it is. If the area in question is that thin, then it is loose skin. If there is any substance in there, then you still have fat to loose.

Often times it is just dropping that last ten pounds and getting to very lean body fat will mean the difference between loose skin and no loose skin.
  • Dharmalaya
    Options
    When I first lost weight, I did. But in all honesty, I was doing it in an unhealthy manner. But luckily I was still able to get rid of it with hard work. So. If you are doing it right, and making sure to balance out your workouts and keep hydrated, it may not be a problem at all. Especially when young.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs a week steadily for the first couple of months, then it went to 4lbs every 2 weeks to around 1lb a week. Now I've been stuck at 0lbs loss a week for a month now. Chances are you won't be able to keep up that pace very long.

As for the extra skin, the only place I have issues is in my chest, and perhaps a tiny bit around my belly button. I'm going to wait for a year or two after I am completely at goal weight and maintaining before I even think about having anything done to fix it because it often shrinks back down most of the way on it's own if you lose slowly.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    At your age you shouldn't have to worry about losing skin.