i LOVE my cable tower!

Options
zebasschick
zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
edited August 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
my husband and i have owned a lot of different fitness gear, mostly because i've been working around some injuries. we had a plate-loaded valor fitness BD-62 cable machine, and it was pretty good, but the plates were a pain in the butt, and the machine wasn't as steady as i'd like.

i really liked the format, as we really don't have space for a compact functional trainer like the inspire fitness FTX, which was on my list. as we have 2 exercise bikes, a bunch of guitars and basses, my husband has a full sized workbench and i have my art table, plus all the normal stuff like couches, tables and beds, all packed into a 900 sq ft condo, so whatever we got had to be small.

after looking at all the options, i found the bells of steel cable tower with weight stack. it's got the smallest footprint of any of the compact machines with stacks that i found, and bells of steel reps and the company seemed cool, so when they had a sale, i grabbed the cable tower with the upright. it fit in a corner of our dining room, and can be mounted to the floor, to the wall or both.

it's really made my workouts as much fun as i used to have at the gym. no more fiddling with plates, smooooth action, easy to move the trolley up or down to get the exact angles i need, and as a bonus i don't need yet, using both handles together doubles the available weight to 205 pounds - 1 handle gets half of that.

i was going to go back to bed a while ago, but it was sitting there, tempting me with its siren's song. i ended up doing a quick workout for every body part, and i find myself smiling afterward. it's been years since i had a piece of gear that made me feel so good, physically AND mentally :)

(of course, we won't talk about how many machines it took me to get to this one, but we've kept craiglist pretty busy LOLOL)

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think if I could have one machine it would be a cable tower. I really learned to appreciate it for physio. But of course you'd not install something like this in a small 2-room flat that's furnished and decorated to look cozy, with other people below you :D
  • zebasschick
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Congratulations! I think if I could have one machine it would be a cable tower. I really learned to appreciate it for physio. But of course you'd not install something like this in a small 2-room flat that's furnished and decorated to look cozy, with other people below you :D

true. we always live on the ground floor as i don't want to have to worry about bothering people downstairs.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    If you want to get the thread moved to fitness, you can flag your original post, click report, click other, and type in that you meant to post it in fitness and ask for it to be moved.
  • zebasschick
    Options
    If you want to get the thread moved to fitness, you can flag your original post, click report, click other, and type in that you meant to post it in fitness and ask for it to be moved.

done. thanks!
  • twistsvat0w
    twistsvat0w Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what is a cable tower are you an electrician
  • zebasschick
    edited August 2023
    Options