Low Calorie Diet

Options
What are you thoughts on this??

If you're really overweight - You can go on a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) or eat less than 1200 calories a day & lose like 5 pounds a week for maybe up to 3 months before your body ever goes into 'survival or starvation mode' because...

People who are really overweight have lots of body fat or LOTS OF EXTRA ENERGY stored in their bodies that can burned off to help them survive during a period when they're not eating very much

www.nowloss.com

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I think if you're starving yourself, you'll be less likely to stick with it. :flowerforyou:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If its not heathy and I couldnt eat this way forever then its truely not a positive change and i wouldnt do it, part of weight loss needs to be the gained knowledge of how to eat correctly so you can substain your weight loss, how to eat right and exercise
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    If you want to do something like this, please do it only under a doctor's supervision. Being deprived of adequate nutrition isn't really better than being overweight, is it?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I've known people who it's been medically prescribed. However, it cannot be sustained, and you have to be careful coming back to "normal" calorie consumption.

....and low calorie is very relative. Low cal for me, is fast track to morbidly obese for a lot of people.

Like all the other successful losers around here, I like to refer to it as a lifestyle.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I agree that if it is unlikely that you can eat that way forever then you probably will gain your weight back. I have to say, however , that I am on a 1000 calorie/wk diet and have learned how to eat, stay full, and not go over my 1000 goal! I actually feel like I eat way more than I used to but it's just because I have found that I can eat a lot of the low calorie stuff. I guess I am lucky to be one who loves veggies, fruit, and fish. Good luck!:happy: