Premium or not?

Options
jojov62
jojov62 Posts: 2 Member
I’m new here and wondering thoughts on premium vs no premium it’s pretty expensive-do they ever offer deals? $80 a year is high is it worth it thanks

Answers

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Is there something specific you want from Premium that you can't get from the free version? I've been on MFP for 10 years and the free version works just fine for me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend starting out with the free version, and seeing whether that works for you. For most people, it will take a little time to learn the basics, and the basics in free and premium are pretty similar.

There are two exceptions where I'd maybe suggest it might be better to go with premium from the start, which is if either of these is true for you:

1. You know for sure that you really, really want to do some more complicated strategy like keto, carb cycling, or some other thing that premium makes much easier. (None of those things are universally essential for weight loss. I lost fine with free MFP, now have premium because reasons, but could get along fine without it.)

2. You're one of those people who's more likely to do a thing, or stick with a thing, if you pay money for it.

Free MFP is pretty functional. It has the basics.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It's not worth $79.99, I'm my opinion. If they had kept it at $49.99, I'd renew, but not for 80 bucks I won't! Ads or no ads!