Weight loss with GLP-1

Options
Hidemaru
Hidemaru Posts: 1 Member
edited March 15 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I have started my weight loss journey using a GLP-1 because I tried everything else, and nothing has helped. I am disabled due to chronic back pain. Also tried everything there too, including surgery to try and deal with the daily and severe pain. (About 8/10 without Kratom).
I wanted to see if there is anyone who had a similiar situation, which is someone who is dealing with chronic pain so you can’t do any exercise to help with weight loss, so as a last-ditch effort, using medication to aid with 30 plus pounds of weight loss. If so, let’s be friends!
Tagged:

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Hello @Hidemaru one thing that is clear is that you are very committed, and willing to do whatever it takes to feel better and improve your health.

Most of us here have not used a GLP-1, so what you go through could be really important if you post here so others can follow how it's working.

Some have posted about the known symptoms (nausea, etc.) A few have posted of being successful and really joyful at the results. Search around, there are a couple of people here actually using it, and having results. Good luck.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    GLP-1 is created by our bodies in small quantities. This article is describing which foods help us produce more accessible GLP-1.

Interestingly, back during my first big weight loss, I was on a Barley for breakfast kick. I read about it being a food very low on the glycemic index. I ate a lot of that stuff. I lost a ton of weight.

The article says barley seems to be one of the best at helping the body create GLP-1. I may have to buy some again, and give it another try.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/10/30/1208883691/diet-ozempic-wegovy-weight-loss-fiber-glp-1-diabetes-barley

https://npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/10/30/1208883691/diet-ozempic-wegovy-weight-loss-fiber-glp-1-diabetes-barley

Usually barley is 'hulled' so it is similar to white rice (pearled barley). I bought whole, with the hull still on it. It takes forever to cook. Almost like beans. I paraboiled/presoaked and refrigerated, then in the morning fully boil it for awhile.

For the TMI crowd....all that fiber does wonders for moving things along.
  • BabySnow
    BabySnow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know the original post was from August.. but I saw you updated it in March.. so hopefully you will see this.. I am 47 and disabled with a back injury.. I’ve had a 3 level fusion that’s left me permanently disabled.. I’ve done everything as well.. And just took my first GLP-1 injection last Thursday.. I’m going a compounded semaglutide due to insurance not covering.. I’m still using MFP to track my intake.. I started my vitamins and supplements a little over a week before my first injection to kind of give my body a jump start.. Feel free to send me a friend request if you’re still interested! 🤗🤗🤗