Cal splits per meal

Options
300 cal breakfast
400 cal snack 1
500 cal lunch
600 cal snack 2
700 cal dinner

Tried this on a whim and loved it. Anyone else do goofy splits like this?

I wonder if it works because my willpower is greatest in the AM and wanes thru the day. Also there is the psychological novelty of knowing the next meal will be more robust. Diminishing the reptilian brains frantic response to scarcity.

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    300 cal breakfast
    400 cal snack 1
    500 cal lunch
    600 cal snack 2
    700 cal dinner

Tried this on a whim and loved it. Anyone else do goofy splits like this?

I wonder if it works because my willpower is greatest in the AM and wanes thru the day. Also there is the psychological novelty of knowing the next meal will be more robust. Diminishing the reptilian brains frantic response to scarcity.

Doesn't look goofy at all. You're just eating 5 meals pretty evenly split meals per day, with a slightly larger dinner. Yeah, I do something similar, I just don't have that many calories to eat, so I leave out the meal between breakfast and lunch.
  • thegreatcoyote
    thegreatcoyote Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to have an warehouse job that provides lots of movement.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,677 Member
    Options
    When I saw your thread in the forum, the preview made it appear you ate a 1,500 calorie lunch and a 2,700 calorie dinner, lol.

Whatever split works for you. I work better with two large meals and a single snack, others (like you) prefer to eat more often but with smaller meals each time. All roads lead to Rome, my friend.