Fitness

Options
How can I get fit and well in just some mouths am kinda of confused right now need helps

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    i got more fit by walking, then when i was up to it, i started riding an exercise bike - lowest resistance and slow to start, and have gradually worked up from there. but walking is great because it is not only gentle cardio but also as a weight-bearing exercise, it helps strengthen your legs, ankles and knees.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    It's kind of common sense, I think: Start slowly, and progress gradually. Exactly what that means will depend on your current fitness level. Do something you personally find fun (ideally), or at least find tolerable/practical.

What you want is a mild, manageable challenge. Exercise doesn't need to be miserable and exhausting to be beneficial. In fact, "miserable and exhausting" is counter-productive for either weight loss or fitness progress. Recovery is where the improvement actually happens, as your body repairs. Overdoing can hinder that.

Ideally, include something that challenges your current strength, and something that challenges your cardiovascular system (makes your heart beat a little faster and gets you breathing a little harder). There are some activities that will do a bit of both, or it can be separate things.

As you get fitter, increase any of duration, frequency, or intensity to keep that manageable challenge, or (if you prefer) change to a more challenging type of exercise.

If you do that patiently and persistently, I predict you'll surprise yourself with how much improvement you see in a few months.

Best wishes!