Seemingly in a plateau?

Options
I started out on a new health/fitness journey in May. I was consuming 1200 calories a day and tracking and working out 5 days a week (cardio and weights). I lost 9lbs and then seemingly hit a wall after 3 months. I couldn’t break through. I increased my calorie intake to 1500 on august 1st and have lost only 2 more lbs since then. My ultimate goal is to lose 10-15 more lbs total. Any advice? Is 2lbs a month enough? For reference I’m a 33 year old female, 5’2. Started at 170 and I’m now at 159. Ultimate goal is 140-145

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Honestly it sounds like you are right on track. Slow and steady.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Keep going and don't give up.

You are doing amazing! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the lower the weight loss week to week. So you're on track.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine it sounds like...as others have said, you don't have much to lose so your deficit should be small. Slow and steady wins the race. Your rate will simply just slow down and it seems like your calorie consumption is appropriate.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    A small woman usually has a small maintenance calorie amount so more than a 2-300 per day deficit may be what is possible so loss will be slow especially when there isn’t much to lose.
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You’re losing at around 0.5 lbs per week, which is a nice, sustainable pace. I lost only a little quicker than you at 0.75 pounds per week, and I reached my goal in about six months feeling great. Keep it up!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,010 Member
    Options
    Yes, with 10-15 more pounds to go, you are right on track :smile:

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg

I suggest using a weight trend app, such as Happy Scale for iphone or Libra for Android.