WFPB

Options
Holy cow! There hasn't been, according to the search function, a WFPB post since 2021. That's really hard to believe!

Anyone else out there?

Surely I'm not alone!

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! There hasn't been, according to the search function, a WFPB post since 2021. That's really hard to believe!

Anyone else out there?

Surely I'm not alone!

Yeah, it's not popular on here, unfortunately. You'll find a few vegans, but the primary user base has gone keto or low carb.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    The search function can be a little unreliable, sometimes. I hope you searched for variant terms, too (like vegan, the spelled out version of WFPB, etc.), because the search function maybe doesn't handle synonyms at all.

There are some long term vegans here who eat mostly whole foods.

(I'm not one of them. I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian, have been for 49+ years now. I eat lots of so-called whole foods, and large volumes of plants, but also the occasional egg, quite a bit of dairy, and some more highly processed foods as a small percentage of my overall eating.)

Sollyn's right, the then-current diet trends tend to dominate threads. Right now, that seems to be low carb, keto, intermittent fasting. (Note to other readers: I'm not saying that things that are trendy are bad or wrong. They're just popular.)

Seems like a lot of the long-term successful people (in weight management terms) who are still around are eating in some non-named pattern that they personally find tasty, filling, practical, etc. What that pattern is, is as individual as the people who follow it.

Many/most others here will support you in whatever reasonably sensible eating pattern you choose, as long as you aren't making dramatic claims for it being universally perfect or trying to convert them or something. (I'm sure you wouldn't do that. ;) )

Welcome, and best wishes for success with your goals, whatever those may be!
  • BalkanBlonde
    BalkanBlonde Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me! I love the diet! I fell off the wagon the past year and I feel horrible. Weight gain, arthritis is back and so is my Psoriasis. Getting compliant again!
  • KCat415
    KCat415 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I’m vegan (always try for WFPB) as well as gluten-free. I use lots of recipes from Eat to Live, Forks over Knives, HelloNutrarian.com, Cookie & Kate, etc. I try to do weekly food prep and make a big batch of soup each week (and freeze half the batch for quick healthy meals when I’m too tired to cook). Still, I sometimes find it challenging to completely cut out processed foods when my family’s prepackaged chips, crackers and sweets are readily available. Overall though, I like feeling that I’m feeding my body nutrient-rich food the vast majority of the time! I’d be happy to connect with any WFPB members.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    @KCat415, if you want to join the Herbivores of MFP group, if you haven't already. It's for vegans, vegetarians, plant-centric omnivores, and those who are plant-based aspirational.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145477-herbivores-of-mfp
  • Kfhontherttrack
    Kfhontherttrack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I’d love to join a group to encourage and suggest ways to lose weight on WFPB-no oil. I’m new to this lifestyle.