Weighing In Question

Options
I saw that a lot of people weigh in on Wednesday, so I decided to join the pack. Since tomorrow morning is weigh-in day, I need to know what everyone does with digital weight. My scale weighs in increments of .2 and goes up the scale to .8

Do you round up for .6 and .8 and round down for .2 and .4? Or is .4 close enough to .5 so that you round up with .4? I figured .2 is a round down, but people may round up there, too?

Replies

• pchristie
    pchristie Posts: 38
    Options
    I round up with 6 and 8 and down with 2 and 4 - just like math class :happy: As long as your consistent, I don't think it really matters.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I don't round at all. I put down what my scale says as the loss (mine measures to .2 as well). MFP does round off your "pounds lost" at .5... but will keep the decimals in your record under check-in.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I use what the scale tells me, points and everything - it's easier to remember!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I just put the whole number without increments. I like simplicity.
    But, since you are weighing only once a week (I weigh every day), you could put the exact amount each week. This site keeps track of each increment and reports it on your home page.

Enjoy this new improvement to your life and health! :drinker: (water)
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I don't round either, just record exactly what the scale says.
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't round either, mfp handles the .2 etc.

Also, if I was to round, I would round down .2 and .4 and round up .6 and .8.

Hope this helps.