Does paying for the premium addition of this APP help with better results?

Does paying for the premium addition of this APP help with better results? 7 votes

Yes πŸ™Œ
14%
fabgeekmom 1 vote
No πŸ˜–
28%
csplattpony4us 2 votes
Maybe πŸ€”
57%
MaggieGirl135AnnPT77CarrieheleneKarliemyalgia 4 votes

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Maybe πŸ€”
    Two cases where premium would give better results, the only cases I can think of:

1. Look at the list of premium features. Is there something on the list that would make it substantially easier for you to meet your personal goals? (Answers to this will vary with individual goals and circumstances.) If some feature(s) would make your path lots easier, premium is worth the cost.

2. Are you one of these people who takes a thing seriously if you've paid for it, but doesn't if it's free? If so, premium may be worth the cost.

I lost weight fine with free MFP, and maintained fine, too. I have premium now, and it adds convenience for me in ways specific to my personal idiosyncrasies, so it's worthwhile. I could succeed without it, though. YMMV.

This really isn't a question anyone else can answer for you. If you're new, maybe try free MFP for a few weeks, see how it goes, then decide (unless you're case #2 above ;) )?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    I lost just fine with the free version, but upgraded to support the app, because I want it to be here forever and ever and ever……

My husband has lost on the free version as well.

There is no magic fat-reducing properties on any app, including this one. If there were, this app and associated community board would be standing room only!

However, using this app as intended has been like magic for me!