Help Motivation Needed stuck in a rut !!! please help

Hi all MFP I need help and motivation i just feel lost and fed up and needing to get my Mojo back !
I have always looked after everyone else but me ,looking after everyone else i have let myself go .....
I feel run ragged and not suprisingle the covid pandemic brought us all to our knees but i nursed my terminally husband at home alone during this time ...Its been 3yrs since my husband sadly passed away and my health has took a knock i need to get healthy as i have piled on the pounds which is seriously affecting my health ....
I know i have got to take 1 step at a time but i need to do it now more than ever as i am down to have surgery and have been told it will be in my best interest to lose weight,any advice really appreciated

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,067 Member
    i'm so sorry to hear about your husband.

i put on a lot of weight when caring for my mother, and after she passed on, it took me years to come to terms with it and start to move forward from the worst of the grief.

what i did first was do food substitutions - non-fat milk instead of whole or 2% milk, dannon light & fit yogurt (especially the cherry and the vanilla ones), light ice cream instead of whole ice cream, egg substitutes instead of whole eggs and so on. there are some very tasty alternatives that let me get the enjoyment out of the foods while cutting a lot of calories. next, i started taking 3 short walks per day - 10 minutes each, and eventually moved them up to 15 each. this helped my legs strengthen, get a little fresh air and get some routine that helped

best of luck to you on your journey...