Profile not showing loss progress

Options
Hey MFP friends,

When I go to my profile, at the top it says “0lbs lost”. I’ve been logging my weight loss, and I’m down 12 lbs. Is it a monthly update?

I want to see that loss!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,300 Member
    Options
    Where are you updating your weight loss? Are you perhaps updating your starting weight instead of entering weigh-ins?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,853 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Have you considered a blue tooth scale? I got a really sleek Renpho glass scale off Amazon for about $20 bucks. It reports to my phone, which updates MFP. It also records so-called body fat, water, muscle etc%. Those numbers are horribly inaccurate and mostly good for a laugh (true for all scales and handheld devices), but I find any kind of graph with a downward or level trend is AOK, even if the numbers are mythical.
  • kqqpb8kq2q
    kqqpb8kq2q Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    z6vsm1wpp334.jpeg

I’m logging my weight in the app on my dashboard.

The Bluetooth scale is a good idea. I just have a basic scale and I enter the numbers and a pic manually.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Have you checked which starting weight is selected in your goal settings? Is it the right date/ weight?
    t8t2n7u3r3cj.png

And if that isn't the issue, there might be a bug, because it isn't a monthly thing, the weight loss should always be current.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Your graph shows starting weight at 200, but only a one month view, so it’s only showing 30 days of stats.

If you want to see the whole trek graph, expand to 90 days or one year and you’ll see all of it.
  • springlering62
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Here is my 30 days:
    k4lm1estr08j.jpeg

Versus “all” (about five years):

2r8exqccimn2.jpeg

*caveat: this shows a very intentional weight gain, because I got too low
  • Lietchi
    Options
    @springlering62 I thought she was referring to her profile, which states 0lbs lost?

This bit, I thought:

svngfqex6y71.jpg
  • springlering62
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    @springlering62 I thought she was referring to her profile, which states 0lbs lost?

This bit, I thought:

svngfqex6y71.jpg
    You’re kidding. Where do you see that? I’ve never noticed it before.
  • kqqpb8kq2q
    kqqpb8kq2q Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Have you checked which starting weight is selected in your goal settings? Is it the right date/ weight?
    t8t2n7u3r3cj.png

And if that isn't the issue, there might be a bug, because it isn't a monthly thing, the weight loss should always be current.

That was it! It was set to 185 for some reason.

Thanks!
  • Lietchi
    Options

This bit, I thought:

svngfqex6y71.jpg
    You’re kidding. Where do you see that? I’ve never noticed it before.

Might be different in iOS? In Android, that's what I see at the top of the page of the More menu.
  • springlering62
    Options
    ewx09zrcgn5o.jpeg

Ahhh. It just looks different. 🤦🏻‍♀️