At home workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been doing insanity and it's the quickest my body has ever changed! I'm 45 days into the program and have completely changed the shape of my body. I would recommend this program for anybody that was SERIOUS about making changes. It
    is no joke but it will change your life! I also love Jillian Michaels :-)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    So you only started this year and lost 47 lbs doing this? If that is right then WOW. I been working out since the end of last year and lost only 15. I been stuck for 5 months and it's taking a big hit to my motivation.

Thank you for your tips. I may have to get more into lifting, I been putting off heavy lifting for awhile. I even have NROLFW but need to fix up my attic to do it. :embarassed:

Yes, I started at the beginning of March.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Body By PlayStation/Xbox :laugh:

Before (Summer 2012):
    1a2e1f06-3d3b-4b04-ba08-97e96a3d6e22_zpsabad82ad.jpg

After (March 2013):
    670d14c4-1560-4868-8b0e-4acc2425b302_zpsf2920337.jpg

I used EA SportsActive 2, YourShape Fitness Evolved, and YourShape Fitness Evolved 2012. I followed the workout programs in the software. The plans are pretty well rounded, similar to workout videos where you do a few minutes of one exercise, then switch it up. I would say that the "games" are not much different than using a good exercise DVD. In some ways they may be better as they can give you immediate feedback on your form (to a point) that a DVD would not be able to provide. That, and they track your progress, which definitely served to motivate me.

I have since joined a gym because I have a small-ish rec room, and my wife (who was already a member) didn't want me filling the space up with exercise equipment. I still do the routines on days when I don't go to the gym.

ETA: I lost about 70 lbs. working out at home and watching my calories. The last 5 came off after I joined the gym, but I also increased my exercise at that time. I like running, so that is my main cardio, and I have also incorporated lifting routines with the help of a personal trainer.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Bench, barbell, weights, calorie deficit, that is all.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use youtube for my workouts. I especially like jessicasmithtv. She has TONS of different workouts.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels. I especially like the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 because they are short workouts that I use when time is at a premium.

Also, get a variety of dumbells. My heaviest set is 15 lb each. I hope to invest in 20s soon. I use these with Jillian, but also I use the Body for Life weight program. (get the book)

I also have an exercise bike, which I hate, but sometimes it is the last resort. It is cheaper than a treadmill.

For cardio, I like to run, bike, and walk, which is not at home, but is home based.

^^^ THIS almost exactly for me too. I liked 30 Day Shred and I'm doing Body Revolution right now --- my quads and arms are starting to look pretty good! I did TurboFire too and that helped my waistline and hips, but the weight work with Body Revolution is what is helping me get the visual results you asked about.

I also mountain bike, hike and jog. I've never had a gym membership and don't ever plan to.
  • dinglekerri
    Options
    Stationary bike, sit ups, push ups, wall sits. (sometimes I use the not yet opened gallon water jugs and treat them like weights) :laugh:
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    For strength training I am using adjustable barbells to do a modified version of Stronglifts 5x5, I do this program one week, and then the next week I do You are Your Own Gym, so I am doing both programs on alternating weeks. Mostly because I get bored easily but also because my goal is general fitness and I think it's good to challenge yourself in a variety of ways and keep progressing. So far I've been liking this combo, been doing it for about 6 weeks now.

For cardio I try to run 3 days a week and other days I just do something fun: hula hoop dance, bike rides, and the occasional HIIT workout video if I feel like punishing myself LOL!
  • 143MiVida
    Options
    Pls, Whr duz one find this insanity workout
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender. Body weight is too easy now so I am adding weights.
  • HeartRN77
    HeartRN77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do all of my workouts at home I use my treadmill or run outside 3 days a week and use a multitude of DVD I have Insanity , P90x, Turbo Fire, Body revolution and every video Jillian Michaels made I do different ones according to my mood Insanity probably gave me the best results but Jillian's really do work very well
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I use realfit.tv. I first found Dana Lee, the instructor on youtube and then went over to her website. She has all kinds of different workouts on her website from yoga/ pilates to cardio kickboxing and step (I LOVE step!) You really work up a sweat even when you are doing the strength training. I used to be a die hard Jillian fan but I got bored really quick and I never got this good of a burn with Jillian. The best part is that it is all online and free.