i'm burnt out on tracking

Options
1235»

Replies

• KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. Bought a new "device"; (in my case an Ipad mini). The MFP app is a bit different on each device. The freshness of learning it pulled me through.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Take a break. Give yourself a month or two without tracking, and see how your weight is doing. If it's still coming off (or maintaining, if that's what you want), then you can continue not tracking. If you're not happy with what's happened, start tracking again. Even if you aren't happy, don't consider it a failure. We all need a break now and again. If your fed up with it and it's feeling like a chore, you aren't doing yourself much good (especially from a mental health standpoint) but continuing to track.

I just started tracking regularly again in August, after a long break. I gained a few pounds, but that's okay. I've been ready to focus again, and I'm doing better now (for the most part) than I probably would be if I'd made myself track the entire time.
  • jenjohn324
    jenjohn324 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe putting the site on a back burner will free up some time for ya! Tracking might be helpful during certain times like holidays or if you notice a change in your shape or weight. Emotional or life changes may present some difficulties, so tracking at these key points can be great for helping maintain weight and healthy choices. :)
  • kalika47
    kalika47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am like many on here. Went on maintenance about 3 months ago, and was terrified of gaining when I upped my calories. I have left myself a 3 lb. "window". In other words, I went 3 lbs. below my goal weight. I have not logged for 2 months now, but weigh myself a few times a week, and if I get up to my goal weight, I feel I have enough info to change how I eat for the next few days, to stay just under. Works for me.