Watch or Fitbit?

Options
I am trying to decide whether to get an accelerometer watch or the fitbit. I used to have a Tech4O, until I replaced the battery one too many times myself and broke the wristband. I did love that watch and now I can upgrade to one with an HRM.

I think I would like the look of the fitbit band rather than the watch, but the HRM is probably more accurate in terms of calories burned. I also like the fact that the fitbit is wireless and I can use MFP with it.

I have heard the fitbit is not very accurate on anything other than walking or running, but I found the same to be true with the watch (w/o HRM).

Some Tech4O's have GPS and computer software, but are twice as expensive and.. I am mostly on my iPhone, not the computer.

I also use MapMyRun and it appears you can link fitbit to that app as well.

The only hesitation I have is I checked out the fitbit app on my phone. After putting in my info, it told me I could have 1000 calories yesterday. 1000! I cannot do that. And besides, I thought 1200 was the lowest healthy limit. I also put in a run that I did and it said I burned 400 cals. Every other app I put it into (MapMyRun, MFP) said that I burned anywhere from 650-725 calories on that run. Maybe I did something wrong or maybe its because I had no actual link to a fitbit device, but it seems very off to me.

Then of course, I read that so many people are confused by the fitbit vs MFP calorie counting that they have unlinked them and just use them separately.

I am looking for something to accurately monitor my calories burned. I run, walk and do circuit training (boot camps, P90X, boxing)

I have a feeling a heart rate monitor is what I need, but I think I really want the look and "wireless-ness" of the fitbit!
And the sleep monitor is cool too, but I also have an app for that.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!