How to stay out of the fridge during the weekend?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    One way or another my weekends tend to be pretty busy. I have kids and they play soccer so we have games, sometimes multiple games every weekend. There also seems to always be something that needs tending at the house, garage, or yard. And if I put all of that aside, I enjoy outdoor recreation so if I'm able I try to get out for a hike or a bike or go kayaking or whatever. Basically I stay busy and there's no time to be bored.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    finding things you enjoy doing or that keep you engrossed can keep you out of the fridge. i discovered watercolor painting, got back into drawing, and i love long walks as well as photography (bird and close-up still

but sometimes the call of the fridge is too strong. for those times, i keep lots of low and very low calorie stuff in the fridge and the freezer. i make my own zero calorie popsicles, and with some experimenting, one can find the flavors that are delish. sometimes it takes a hint more sweetening or adjusting the water, but you can eat 12 of them in a sitting - no harm, no foul. they also make yummy snow cones, and if you crush one in a blender and pour in zero sugar 7 up or coke, that's super good, too.

there's also 5 calorie juicy gel cups (available in strawberry, orange and cherry). dannon light & fit yogurt - i love the cherry and also the vanilla - are 80 calories with lots of protein. laughing cow cheese wedges are sooo good and only 30 calories per wedge. or you can make your own pudding from non-fat milk and jello cook and serve that's under 40 calories per serving. there are so many very low calorie foods worth exploring...
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Everyone's suggestions are to stay busy. By the weekend I am exhausted. I don't want to do anything and I need to recharge so that I can be super functioning for the week. I do my grocery shopping on Saturday and my laundry on Sunday. That's it.

This of course does not give me many extra calories. When I get bored I do try to drink water. Sometimes this helps sometimes it doesn't. I like to do the mini bag of popcorn. It is a lot of food for only 100 calories. It also takes me a while to eat so that burns some time.

I just keep my logging up to date so that I know where I am on calories and keep my goals in my mind.