iOS users how do you post a newsfeed photo ? Not a weight progress photo

Options
Hi there

On the iOS MFP app how do you post on your newsfeed? I have android friends posting on their newsfeed saying it's a camera beside the text box but I don't have that option it only allows progress/weight photos?

If I have a picture of my food or recipe how do I post it on my newsfeed?

Thanks !!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Our apologies for any confusion on how to post to your newsfeed the after the new Dashboard update.

In order to make a text post:
    From your dashboard, tap your profile picture in the top left corner. (You can also click "••• More" and select "My Profile", this will take you to the same place.)
    On the bottom of your screen, you can type your status where it says "Write a comment".

To post a progress photo:
    From your dashboard, scroll down to your weight entry.  Your weight entry is just under the word "Progress".
    Click the "+" button then select "Progress photo".  This will open your camera.  If you wish to take a photo and upload it, you can take a photo here.  If you'd like to select a photo you have already taken, click the double boxes in the lower-left corner of the "Take Photo" window and select the photo you wish to add.
    Once you've selected the photo you want to add, click the check mark symbol in the upper right-hand corner to add the photo. 
    From your dashboard, scroll down to your weight entry.  Your weight entry is just under the word "Progress".  Tap on the "Weight" box. (Don't click the + for this part of the process.)
    At the bottom of the screen, you'll see a list of your "Entries".  Your most recent photo upload will be at the top of the "Entries" list.
    Select the photo you wish to share, by clicking on the actual photo. 
    When that opens in a new window, choose a single or side-by-side comparison layout, then tap "Share".
    In the following window, you can swipe between 4 options (• • • •) of how you want to share the photo.  When you find the layout you like, click "Next".
    When your "Status Update" opens, you can type a message, set privacy settings, or share your photo outside of MyFitnessPal.  When you're done, click the checkmark to add the photo to your newsfeed.

We hope this helps. Feel free to get back in contact with us if you have additional questions or concerns. We're happy to help.