hiiiiiiiiiii

Options
I joined months ago, just looking around but hadn't actually done anything on the site. I'm 28, single mom of a little boy who's almost 2 (and just made it extremely hard to do zumba on the xbox a few minutes ago. he kept running around me and wanted me to pick him up, he bumped into my *kitten* one time and fell down, haha). I think I started gaining weight around the 2nd or 3rd grade so I've been overweight most of my life. The weight's been steadily creeping on and I just weighed 288 the other day... eek. I had gestational diabetes while I was pregnant and I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes yet but I'm afraid that's going to happen. My blood pressure has been high, it's usually 130-140ish range.. my doctor tried putting me on one of the water pills or whatever you call them? But I haven't noticed a difference on them and I'll have to tell her about that when I go back, I really don't want to start bp medicine :( I've tried many diets before and never stuck with them but I just did 63 minutes of Zumba on the xbox and that's telling me I burned 1209 calories?? Is that right?? If so, that is awesome. I can totally do that every day.. and cut out soft drinks. My main problem is the food, but I can do this. I need to be healthier for my son and I've been so depressed over my weight for so long it's ridiculous.

But anywho, yeah, hi :D My name's Melissa, btw

Replies

• FitMimi00
    Options
    That's a great job! :D I also have the same problem the unhealthy eating :(
  • misfit41
    Options
    I joined months ago, just looking around but hadn't actually done anything on the site. I'm 28, single mom of a little boy who's almost 2 (and just made it extremely hard to do zumba on the xbox a few minutes ago. he kept running around me and wanted me to pick him up, he bumped into my *kitten* one time and fell down, haha). I think I started gaining weight around the 2nd or 3rd grade so I've been overweight most of my life. The weight's been steadily creeping on and I just weighed 288 the other day... eek. I had gestational diabetes while I was pregnant and I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes yet but I'm afraid that's going to happen. My blood pressure has been high, it's usually 130-140ish range.. my doctor tried putting me on one of the water pills or whatever you call them? But I haven't noticed a difference on them and I'll have to tell her about that when I go back, I really don't want to start bp medicine :( I've tried many diets before and never stuck with them but I just did 63 minutes of Zumba on the xbox and that's telling me I burned 1209 calories?? Is that right?? If so, that is awesome. I can totally do that every day.. and cut out soft drinks. My main problem is the food, but I can do this. I need to be healthier for my son and I've been so depressed over my weight for so long it's ridiculous.

But anywho, yeah, hi :D My name's Melissa, btw

You should do zumba while he naps. o;
    We could zumba together. >:3
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1089983-you-look-like-you-could-use-a-friend