List Collecting Different Types of Exercises that People Do

Options
Hi. I'm Silver. I have terrible Social Anxiety Disorder, and it has prevented me from engaging in a large variety of different exercises for years. I would like to hear about and create a list of, a variety of exercises that people do. I want to know what options I have for exercise that isn't going to make me feel anxious.

I grieve my younger days, when I was fit and flexible and would like to work on creating a list of different stretches, and exercises that I can do. I'd also like to learn about how different types of strength-building exercises are performed, and see if I can try those out.
Currently, the only exercise I do regularly include swimming exercises where I tread water for 30 minutes to an hour straight, and hikes in the woods, where there aren't very many people around. When I am swimming I feel protected by the water, and I don't feel like people are looking at me.
I have just joined a swimming club, so that I can engage in more of that, but I'd like other people to share the types of exercise that they enjoy, so people, particularly me, can look at the list and decide what works for them.
Tagged:

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    There are thousands of videos online that you can do in the privacy of your home. Yoga, pilates and tai chi are also online. You can also just put some music on and dance. If you want to be outside, then walking, running, roller blading, and biking are options that you can do solo or with a friend.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I row boats, those skinny ones like in the Olympics, only mine is lots slower. 😉 I usually row with other people, but it's possible to row alone.

It's pretty essential to take a class to learn how to do it, so that might not work socially for some.

Biking, canoeing, and kayaking are other outdoor things that can be fun, and can be done alone. Assuming we learned to ride a bike as a kid, any of these aren't as technical to start doing as rowing is.

I machine row (and stationary bike) in Winter, but that's honestly not as much fun (to me).
  • MovingRumsAss
    MovingRumsAss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought a bungee rebounder for my family. It's quiet for me to do my cardio workouts at 5am, my teenager can do her thing with the kettlebell, and my mom uses it for simple stability training. It was a good option for the days I couldn't bring myself to step outside.