Premium Account

Hello. Do most of you use the Premium account? What are the extra benefits from your standpoint? Thanks!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,336 Member
    No. Free works for me.

Here's the section that tells you what it is:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002215811-MyFitnessPal-Premium

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,789 Member
    There's no generic answer about whether premium is worth it.

The page riverside linked tells you what the features are. If you really need one or more of those features to be successful, you'll benefit from premium.

Even if you don't need the features, but you're the type of person who commits more fully when they've put money on the table, premium might be worth it.

I used free MFP to lose weight and for the first bit of maintenance. (I forget how long a first bit: At least many months, maybe a few years even.) Now, still in maintenance, I have premium, and like some of the features for fine-tuning my nutritional goals . . . but I admit I could live without them.

Only you can decide what works best for you.

One option: Try using free MFP consistently for a while, see how it goes. Premium isn't dramatically different (same food database, same basic approach, etc.). You can use the free version to learn how to use the app, then assess whether some of the premium features would help you fine-tune, maybe.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    The only feature of (limited) use for me would be the barcode scanner, but I'm not willing to pay for a feature that gives wrong results half of the time. Your experience may vary, I'm in Belgium and Belgian foods are perhaps less wel represented.

Entering foods in the search bar manually works just as well, just a bit slower compared to a successful scan, yet faster than an unsuccessful scan followed by a manual search.

The other features are of no use to me, but your situation might be different.
  • gains4lif3
    gains4lif3 Posts: 37 Member
    I just like not having to see ads. Also, barcode scanner is nice and stuff that is just highly technical like specific nutrient goals. None of it is actually needed to use app successfully