Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Using Semaglutides is cheating or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• Midasgal
    Midasgal Posts: 10 Member
    Options

" For someone else, the side effects and cost are acceptable for the benefits they receive. We all pay differently but we still all pay. [/quote]"

really good answer. We all do pay just differently. My sister had bariatric surgery and even though she has loss a lot of weight, fundamentally she hasn't learned any new nutrition skills just smaller portions of junk. The price she pays is the restriction in her portions as well as a limitation in how much water she can drink, which is a big issue in Australia.
    I hope my path will be different. I am changing and learning new skills

• Midasgal
    Midasgal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have an IRL buddy who lost ~250lbs and seems to be maintaining.

[/quote]

what is IRL?
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Midasgal wrote: »
    " For someone else, the side effects and cost are acceptable for the benefits they receive. We all pay differently but we still all pay.
    "

really good answer. We all do pay just differently. My sister had bariatric surgery and even though she has loss a lot of weight, fundamentally she hasn't learned any new nutrition skills just smaller portions of junk. The price she pays is the restriction in her portions as well as a limitation in how much water she can drink, which is a big issue in Australia.
    I hope my path will be different. I am changing and learning new skills

[/quote]

To be fair to your sister, on some level, smaller portions of junk is a new nutritional skill compared to large portions of junk. And yes, absolutely, every form of weight loss has its own "price" to pay in its own way. I agree.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    Midasgal wrote: »
    I have an IRL buddy who lost ~250lbs and seems to be maintaining.

what is IRL?[/quote]

In Real Life
  • StrilansWife
    StrilansWife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This drug has been in trials for years. The side effects are really typical of most drugs. You are under Drs care while taking it like any other drug.
    I truly believe it is a personal choice but I feel bad for people who are considering it and all the noise by nay sayers. Some people can barely walk or breathe. If they had control this wouldn’t even be an issue. This drug can really help get things started and get them motivated, moving.