Who's seen "The Menu" movie?

Options
kshama2001
kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
I'm putting this in Food, rather than Chit Chat, as it was so food-centric. I REALLY enjoyed it!

There was a running thing about "broken emulsion," and it just so happened that this AM I messed up mayonnaise by doing something stupid and it failed to emulsify. Good thing I wasn't Tyler!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_uTkUGcHv4

Anya Taylor-Joy was perfect.

Replies

• PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My husband and I loved it! We went to an Italian restaurant afterwards but he was tempted to go for cheeseburgers instead.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I saw it. It was so scary, I couldn’t stop watching it. I’ll never order dessert again!
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Some friends and I love horror movies (books, whatever else) and we do 'Sunday Scaries' and stream horror movies together (we live text as we don't all live in the same city. Just hit 'play' at the same time).

We run the gamit of the entire horror genre too - comedy, B horror, straight up bad (we watched a movie called The Hip Hop Witch...and I will never get that time back)and properly scary stuff.

The Menu definitely made it to the party and it was - excellent. I can see it not being some peoples' cup of tea but I thought it was great.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I watched All The Horror Movies when I was younger. I'm less of a fan now. I did watch Saw @ 10 years ago, because I walked through a room where it was playing towards the end, and had to watch from the beginning to see how it came to where I walked in. I liked Get Out and Nope. I REALLY liked The Menu.
  • Livin_At_The_Gym
    Livin_At_The_Gym Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001 just saw this movie last week with my girlfriend. We both liked it a lot.

@westrich20940 Have you ever seen death tunnel? If you enjoy really bad horror movies death tunnel is a must see but if you suggest it for a group watch you may lose friends (it’s that bad). The viewer reviews on IMBD are hilarious and better than the movie…they are what got me to watch
  • kshama2001
    Options
    @kshama2001 just saw this movie last week with my girlfriend. We both liked it a lot.

@westrich20940 Have you ever seen death tunnel? If you enjoy really bad horror movies death tunnel is a must see but if you suggest it for a group watch you may lose friends (it’s that bad). The viewer reviews on IMBD are hilarious and better than the movie…they are what got me to watch

My partner still hasn't forgiven me for making him watch the Human Centipede...

I learned about it here on MFP! :lol:
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    @Livin_At_The_Gym - we haven't! TY!