Walking for weighloss

Options
Hello everyone, If you don’t mind sharing has anyone had Weightloss from walking? I recently started walking a lot averaging 10-12k steps a day . This week I have challenged myself to 20k steps everyday since Sunday so far I’ve done it everyday . It’s been 4 months on my journey and have lost an incredible 30lbs. I would really like to be friends with any one who is into walking for some motivation . Thank you

Replies

• Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love walking :)
    Me and my husband used to walk up to our local park which used to take about 10-25 mins
    Then we would walk all around the park to get in 10,000 steps
    Weather has been a bit naff where we are this year so haven’t done it but invested in a treadmill :) x
    Well done you for your weight loss 😘😘 xx
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    i used to love to walk, and i lost weight and kept it off. i started off slightly chubby, got down to a low weight and stayed there, but i walked everywhere back then. decades later, when i was at my heaviest, i used food substitution and walking to lose over 60 pounds.

that being said, the number of steps may not be relevant. taking extra steps periodically to get to a total didn't have the same effect for me as a single, hour-long walk with no pauses or breaks.