70lbs down! Don't give up!

Options
I just want to let anyone who is struggling or feeling defeated know that it's perfectly normal to have good days and bad days. There were times that I plateaued and got angry (and I know I will plateau again, but I need to remember how far I've come.) There were times everything hurt because exercise was hard on me and I got frustrated and wanted to quit. There were days that I lapsed and didn't have a calorie deficit. There were days I wanted to just be lazy... for days. The thing I didn't do was give up completely. Each day I woke up knowing that I only had myself to blame and if I wanted to get healthy and lose weight, I had to work for it. I've lost 70lbs and I'm not stopping, but I will have days where I just don't feel up to it and that's ok. I'll get there as long as I don't quit. YOU CAN DO IT! One day at a time. <3

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt

"I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I know I can." - The Little Engine That Could

Replies

• MampyNoMore
    MampyNoMore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fab post! Thank you!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    It’s tough, but I’ll never stop trying. Thanks for your post.
  • BodyTemple23
    BodyTemple23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What are NSVs?

How did you break the plateau?
  • 60sWoman
    60sWoman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What are NSVs?

How did you break the plateau?

NSVs are "Non-Scale Victories."

• Sariee4
    Sariee4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I REALLY needed to see this post today. Thank you!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Amazing way to go! so inspiring 🥰
  • LBeanLV
    LBeanLV Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting.
  • Plongmire1
    Plongmire1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go. This is what I needed.
  • wanwantwoshoes
    wanwantwoshoes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am impressed with the weight loss you all have achieved. I am on a mission to try to lose 50 pounds in a six month period so I will be able to have surgery. I will try to limit my carbs to a bare minumum and eliminate sugar completely.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!