Somewhere just past the middle of my success story (pics)

Options
Livin_At_The_Gym
Livin_At_The_Gym Posts: 39 Member
edited September 2023 in Success Stories
So I’m 46 years old and 5’8”. After COVID I topped out at 350.1 pounds. Since September of 22 I have been trying to lose the weight. I dropped a bit and hit a snag after the holidays (yeah I know…made it through them and tanked after). I have always had a binge eating problem and could not kick it so now I use it as part of my diet which has been a game changer!!! Through diet alone I have lost 98.1 pounds and am still going but with the addition of exercise (weightlifting and cardio). I’m hoping to add some good people to my friends list since I have been doing this alone so far, so if you want to please feel free to add me.

apx6pkmsdy0v.jpeg
vg4l82e1d9wv.jpeg
ncq7rzrag056.jpeg
zbuos9f7beeb.jpeg

Replies

• SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We are all on the same journey! To be healthy.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing you are crushing it way to go! 🎉
  • LBeanLV
    LBeanLV Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow- 98 lbs!
  • 93Turkey03
    93Turkey03 Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Add me to your list of losing members. I'm proud of you for deciding, then carrying through with your goal to improve your health.
    How did you use your binge eating to motivate you? I go along fine for about 4 weeks then I just lose it.
    PS: I've lost about half of what I want to lose too!
    PPS: You might check out the motivation teams to help. The Fall 5% challenge starts soon = you can find out about them on the 'groups' tab above.
    PPSS: (Is there such a grammatical notation?) Would love to see a smile on your face!
    Grandma Carol

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yup you're doing well--Congratulations! Best of luck with your future weight loss.
  • gutzbgon
    gutzbgon Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, awesome job
  • ltdanzleggz
    ltdanzleggz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You got this!
  • Livin_At_The_Gym
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Tried to add those who asked but for whatever reason MFP isn’t letting me. No idea why that it is? Feel free to add me if u can.
  • ericoechsner
    ericoechsner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I struggle with binge eating as well, so I'm very curious to hear your story of how you've turned binge eating from a problem into a game-changer that's helping you lose the weight.
  • Livin_At_The_Gym
    Options
    I use intermittent fasting. I just have water, tea (nothing added) and black coffee during the day. I eat a very lite dinner (100-250 calories) and then at 8pm I have my binge I eat 1000-1150 calories worth of snack. It fills me up so much I’m done with food for the day. I would add I eat a whole food vegan diet and my snacks are a ton of fruit, organic oats, air popped corn with herbs, Ezekiel bread with walnut butter…that type of thing so I get a lot of food packed in with those calories
  • Red_B1rd
    Red_B1rd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @Livin_At_The_Gym

Wow, you're doing awesome!! Love the vegan diet--someone told me it helps with inflammation. It's something I've been thinking about trying. Congrats!
  • Livin_At_The_Gym
    Options
    @Red_B1rd:Thank you!! I find it’s very easy to do. I don’t eat processed food…well mostly. I do eat Ezekiel Bread…but 99% of what I eat is fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts. I also do it with intermittent fasting (which I just found out last year was a thing). I have always tended to eat that way. I’m busy during the day so I don’t eat until dinner and then have a giant snack around 730-830 which accounts for the majority of my calories…and keeps me full until bed :)
  • ckkillerkeller
    ckkillerkeller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress! Please add me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!