Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    Lildarlinz wrote: »
    mnhughes22 wrote: »
    Don't get upset with yourself. Diet/weightloss is part of a lifestyle change, which takes time. You didn't put it on overnight, you aren't going to loose it overnight.

Since you walk so much, that movement may not be enough of an exercise anymore for your body to consider it a "work out". Have you thought about buying the type of weights you can strap to your wrists, waist and/or ankles? Adding a little weight to a routine aspect of your life might be enough to help stimulate your system enough for you to burn a few extra calories.

Hiiiii :)

I did use to go the gym…but I invested In some gym equipment buying slowly over time :)
    I have some ankle weights :) I have a weighed hula hoop, weights, a treadmill, one of those things for push ups, the elastic things that u strap to under your feet to pull up 🤣🤣 sorry I don’t know the correct terms 🤣🤣

I’ve just had sciatica so I haven’t been able to manage this week!

But I’m not giving up 💪

Don't wear ankle weights while walking. They are only good for exercises like leg lifts.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/wearable-weights-how-they-can-help-or-hurt#:~:text=But Downey warns that it's,muscle imbalance," Downey says.

...You may see people walking around with weights around their ankles. The weights are typically built into a wide neoprene strap that wraps around the ankle and attaches with Velcro.

But Downey warns that it's not a good idea to use wearable ankle weights while you're walking or during an aerobics workout, because they force you to use your quadriceps (the muscles in the fronts of the thighs) and not your hamstrings (in the backs of the thighs). "That causes a muscle imbalance," Downey says. Wearable ankle weights also pull on the ankle joint, which poses the risk of tendon or ligament injuries to the knees, hips, and back.