Pole Dancers

Options
Anyone on here take pole fitness?? I find it very hard to find anyone in my area that does it since we don't have an actual studio. I'm in the process of moving and have taken time off from it and I'm ready to get back at it. The weight loss has helped me out, but I think weights in the gym have helped me more. I'd like some pole friends on here if possible.

Replies

• needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    Is it fun? I've been thinking of taking some pole dancing classes.
    I like to have a skill in almost everything but I never really master anything <--story of my life :)
    What do you like about pole dancing?
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ive been at it for a year now and it is my favorite hobby thus far. It builds strength in ways you cant at a gym and I have never been flexible but now I am starting to gain some flexibility in my body. I think the thing I like most about it is the ability to make it into what you want. You can be sexy with it or can choose to be more lyrical or if you wanna just do tricks you can do that too. Being able to relax and flow to some music is all I need sometimes to relax, but sometimes it sucks because it is a lot more fun with a friend which I don't have here. The closest studio is 50 mins from me and I was going once a week but paying a membership and gas has gotten so expensive I have had to cut back.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    Oh, yeah. I've heard a great deal about how great of a workout pole dancing is and that's undeniable since you'd have to support your weight in creative positions while hanging onto a pole! :-) That's too bad that you're having difficulties with your hobbies. I think I once saw someone with a pole installed into their house. Maybe you can save a little bit of money on the side every month so you can buy a pole? ^__^ You can invite friends over after you make some and encourage them to pole dance (turn on some fun music and swing around on the pole together!)
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    my town is way to uptight for a pole dance class to be able to make it here.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    IN...for all the women who like/want to pole dance.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Pole dancer here! I've been doing it for almost two years now and I absolutely love it. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    IN for stalking anyone interested in this "hobby"
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That would be so fun, Ive always wanted to try it
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Posting so the ladies on my FL will start doing it and send me "progress" pictures!!!!
  • aetzkorn14
    Options
    Oh, yeah. I've heard a great deal about how great of a workout pole dancing is and that's undeniable since you'd have to support your weight in creative positions while hanging onto a pole! :-) That's too bad that you're having difficulties with your hobbies. I think I once saw someone with a pole installed into their house. Maybe you can save a little bit of money on the side every month so you can buy a pole? ^__^ You can invite friends over after you make some and encourage them to pole dance (turn on some fun music and swing around on the pole together!)

I actually already have two...just with moving and all I had to take it down for a bit till we get to our new place. I get unmotivated at times with it unless I am in a studio. Sometimes it is hard to learn new moves and I don't have a crash pad in case I fall so that can be a little intimidating at times.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    IN just cuz I want this in my newsfeed! :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Posting so the ladies on my FL will start doing it and send me "progress" pictures!!!!
    Oh! Good idea!
  • aetzkorn14
    Options
    I'll be happy to install said pole.

Unfortunately for you they are way to easy to install and as many times I have put it up and down it takes less than a minute to install but definitely worth a shot lol :smile:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pole for 2-3 months, I'm on level 2. I'm absolutely addicted! Unfortunately, I don't have room for a pole at home. When we move next year one of the features that I'm looking for is ROOM FOR A GD POLE! XD Haha
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are starting classes in 2 weeks! Whoo hoo!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    IN

How much do poles run?

Do they sell home workout programs for pole dancing?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqfylns6hx1sn8zpko5_500_zpsdb84a397.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqfylns6hx1sn8zpko5_500_zpsdb84a397.gif

LOVE this movie *LOL*
  • aetzkorn14
    Options
    IN

How much do poles run?

Do they sell home workout programs for pole dancing?

If you buy a pole look into X-pole or lil mynx they are suppose to be the best. They usually run around $300 but I found mine used for cheaper.
    U can get DVD's online....felix cane, alethia Austin, and there is one by a girl named Leigh Ann. I recommend any of those. Also you can check out studioveena.com for online tutorials and a pole community.