Protein Powder

Options
What is everyone's favorite protein powder? I'm not new to protein powders and understand that grainy chalky taste that most of them come with. Just wondering what everyone likes, how much protein, how many carbs? I have PCOS so trying to limit the carbs when possible. My fiance is a big fan of the GNC designer Whey but figured you all had a wealth of knowledge on the subject!

Replies

• callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i use Eas vanilla soy protein powder.
    if you add strawberries a little almond milk & the protein its a little grainy but tastes GREAT!
    i normally add spinach, strawberries, mango, peach, pineapple, orange juice & protein... amazingly great tasting (not grainy or chalky at all)
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use NOW Pea Protein Powder. It's made from non GMO peas, has almost all the amino acids that whey or egg protein powders have (you can get the rest from a balanced diet) and is easy to digest. Sometimes whey gives me tummy issues, plus I don't like the added favors, binders and other crap in it. I mix it with cocco powder in my iced coffee, or banana and PB2 post workout. Plus, its only $20 for a 2lb container on Amazon. Protein powder is very individual, good luck finding something.
  • swim_bike_run
    Options
    I use Sunwarrior classic (brown rice) and warrior (pea) protein. I have a tough time with whey protein for some reason - something it in bothers my stomach and makes me bloat. I love the brown rice protein in oatmeal and smoothies. I'm still getting used to the pea protein in my oatmeal (seems drier than brown rice protein) but otherwise it's great.

Previously i used mostly Jay Robb - liked the consistency and taste it just bothered my stomach.
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I find that I was getting sick of having just one flavor for an extended period of time when I bought the tubs of protein powder, so I did a little research and I found a site called Nashua Nutrition that sells samples of many, many different kinds.

Each sample is the recommended serving size, and they send it to you in a fully sealed (has to be cut open) plastic baggy. Like I said, they have tons of brands and flavors, and all of the nutrition info is there. I like it because it let's me test out a bunch and find what I like before committing to a whole tub. You might be able to go through and find a few with lesser carbs and try them out to find what you like best.

At $1.95 per sample, it's admittedly a little pricey, but I find it's still cheaper to get a couple that look good and NOT buy the ones I don't like again, rather than taking the chance with a $25 tub!
  • ishiqa36
    ishiqa36 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love the Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, vanilla ice cream flavor. I dislike protein powders in general because the smell and taste, but for some reason this flavor mixed with silk unsweetened organic milk tastes soooo good. Also, the double chocolate is good.
  • ChoobDriver
    ChoobDriver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I quite like PHD Diet Whey. Stawberry and Chocolate ones are my fave. People complain they are grainy, they are because they have flaxseed in them.
  • over_oxers
    over_oxers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I find that I was getting sick of having just one flavor for an extended period of time when I bought the tubs of protein powder, so I did a little research and I found a site called Nashua Nutrition that sells samples of many, many different kinds.

Each sample is the recommended serving size, and they send it to you in a fully sealed (has to be cut open) plastic baggy. Like I said, they have tons of brands and flavors, and all of the nutrition info is there. I like it because it let's me test out a bunch and find what I like before committing to a whole tub. You might be able to go through and find a few with lesser carbs and try them out to find what you like best.

At $1.95 per sample, it's admittedly a little pricey, but I find it's still cheaper to get a couple that look good and NOT buy the ones I don't like again, rather than taking the chance with a $25 tub!
    I love the idea of buying samples. May not be the most cost effective but certainly cheaper than the big tub o protein powder that's sitting in my pantry that even my fiance won't touch!