Migraine headaches and Zoe glucose monitor

Options
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone used the Zoe glucose monitor. I am 56 and suffer from migraine headaches around every 10 days for 3 days at a time. They mostly start at night and develop over the day. I am thinking of trying to monitor my sugar levels as I have tried most other things. Is the Zoe app good for information on your blood sugar levels ?

Replies

• evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. I also have migraines, though mine don't last more than a day at a time. I found when I work out consistently mine go from one every week to about one a month. But I also have a good idea of my migraine triggers. Usually artificial sweeteners, large atmospheric pressure changes, sleep schedule changes, and neck/back alignment. Are you diabetic? or borderline diabetic? that would be the only way I could see that being something that would be necessary.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    well if it is a glucose monitor then of course it would be good for information on your blood sugar levels - that is what glucose monitors do - and the modern ones have blue tooth connection to an app to store the results on your phone.

Whether such information is relevant or useful for non diabetics is questionable.
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I also used yo have migraines that lasted 3 days and tried yo see if I had good triggers etc without any clear link. It would be unlikely to have a 3 day migraine linked to blood glucose since that value constantly changes. I had great success with the monthly migraine injectable drugs.